Smart Communities Status
Submit a request
Connecting your Apple TV device to the network is easy. Follow these directions to connect your Apple TV and enjoy high-speed access to various multimedia services.
Note, however; due to the security of our network, you may be unable to use AirPlay to stream from your personal devices.
Some menu screens pictured in this guide may be different on your Apple TV. The instructions are similar for all models.
Connect the Ethernet cable from your Apple TV directly to the wall port in your room (or to the E1, E2, E3 socket if you have a wall-mounted access point. Please note that E0/PT is not enabled for Internet Access).
Wall Mount Access Point
1. Power your device on and Connect to your building's assigned WiFi SSID. See reception if you do not know your building's WiFi SSID.
From the Apple TV menu
*NOTE (Settings > Network on some models)
3. Look for the Wi-Fi Address or Ethernet AddressThis is similar to a serial number. Your address will be different as every device is unique.It is written in the format of 1a:2b:3c:4d:5e:6f. You will need this address for the next step.
You will need to register the Wi-Fi (or Ethernet) Address of the Apple TV to the Q2 portal.
5. For detailed instructions on how to add/remove devices from the Q2 portal, please refer to the following guide: Managing your devices. Restart your device and test the connection
*NOTE: (Settings > System > Restart on some models)
6. Wait for the device to restart
7. After the device restarts
*NOTE: (Settings > Network > Connection Type > Network Status on some models)
Our support team is limited in the amount of support it can provide for the configuration of individual devices. For further assistance refer to the instruction manual of your device or contact the manufacturer for support.