Smart Communities Status
Submit a request
This guide will show you how to reset your TCP/IP on Windows 10 or 11 PC/Laptop using the command prompt. These commands will reset your connection and renew your IPv4 address from the network.
To reset the TCP/IP stack using Command Prompt, do the following
1. Click the Start button.
2. Type "cmd" into the search bar, right-click the result, and select "Run as Administrator".
3. Type the following command and press Enter:
netsh winsock reset
4. Type the following command and press Enter:
netsh int ip reset
5. Type the following command to release your current IP address and press Enter:
6. Type the following command to clear the DNS information from your computer and press Enter:
7. Type the following command to renew your IP address and press Enter:
Once you have completed the steps, use your web browser to check if you can now successfully access the internet.