Smart Communities Status
Submit a request
The following guide provides details on how to find the IPv4 Address of your Windows 8 or 10 PC/Laptop using the command prompt.
You may also be asked to confirm this information when contacting Superloop Smart Communities Help Desk for technical support.
To locate your IPv4 address by this method you must already be connected to a network.
Wireless devices should join the building WiFi SSID wireless networks.Ethernet devices should be connected directly to a wall port.
1. Click the Start button and type "CMD" into the search box/windows
2. CMD or Command Prompt will be shown in the menu. Right Click, and select Run as Administrator
3. Select "Yes" on the security confirmation message to continue.
4. A black window will open. This is the Windows Command Prompt.
In the command prompt, you will need to type this command: "ipconfig" then press Enter
5. Look for the IPv4 address listed under the Wireless LAN adapter Wi-F or Ethernet adapter Ethernet depending on your connection.