Smart Communities Status
Submit a request
Diagnostics provides us with information about your network adapter, the wireless environment, and your connection speed. This data better enables us to investigate your issue and assists in providing support. Follow these instructions to generate network diagnostics on your Windows device.
Where you are already connected to the VostroNet network you are able to open a web browser and go to vost.ro/mine. If you are connected to VostroNet correctly you will be provided with your User Name, IP Address, and MAC Address.
Download the VostroNet Network Diagnostic tool below to simplify the data collection processVostroNet Diagnostics Collection
1. Run the .exe file and click "Yes"
2. Press any key to close the window and a text file will be saved on your desktop.
3. Send the file to email@example.com or upload the file at vostro.wetransfer.com
4. If the Collection Tool doesn't work, follow the manual guide below using the command prompt
1. Click the Start button and type CMD into the search box.
2. CMD or Command Prompt will be shown in the menu. Right-click, and select Run as Administrator.3. Select yes on the security confirmation message to continue.
4. A black window will open. This is the Windows Command Prompt.
NETSH WLAN SHOW ALL > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogWLAN.txt
then press enter
IPCONFIG /ALL > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogIP.txt
NETSTAT -R > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogNET.txt
ARP -A > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogARP.txt
Close the Command Prompt. 4 files will be on your desktop.
Send the diagnostic files to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload the file at vostro.wetransfer.com.
Include the following details in the message:
- Speed test result: Include a screenshot of your speed test
- Diagnostic files: Upload the files from the diagnostic
If you are having any problems completing the diagnostic tests, let us know. We are here to help and can guide you through the process.